Friday 13 April 2012

ruminations about trains

Every day I have to take a train. Hours and hours of my life is spent in trains. Even as a child I had to train everyday school this into the claque clack sound tracks go past. All my memories are looking outside of train windows will stop I feel I'm like getting old.

However, travelling in Cornwall by dre is one of my favourite pastimes. I remember the lands green and rights and air fresh Disney memories of my school use the holidays and of playing with the dog in the fields. When I arrived at the small farm where I holidayed with my parents I was always delighted to see the train track rushed past just near the horizon.

Now I'm taking a train to Zürich next week and are not actually dreading it all that much. I've heard that the Eurostar is actually quite pleasant these days and I'm looking forward to travelling to Europe without having to field the indignity of border controls as it is operated in the airports.

Although, to be fair sometimes I wish I had a teleporter and that the places I need to go to had no train switching the me between. It can be awfully monotonous but sometimes that is quite nice on the modern trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment